Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Chez Moochy

Friday, December 10, 2010

Carribean Concoction

My friend Katrina has been feeling under the weather for the past two days. Her throat, mouth and head have been bothering her. Now I've been off and on sick for the past month and a half and whenever it escalated, I would just wrap myself in blankets and sweat it out and sleep until I felt better. I don't like taking medication when I know my simple methods always do the trick and make the sickness go away, and not just cover it up for hours at a time. Now I told Katrina about the concoction my aunt from Jamaica would always make for me whenever I was nearing my death bed (it wasn't that often) and after I drank it and sweat through a night of sleep, I would feel like a newborn baby the next day. This concoction (its not really a concoction) consists of: piping hot water, lemon juice, honey and your choice of brandy or rum. We stopped at the liquor store for a baby bottle of booze and we annoyed the cashier for a bit asking him about all the diff types of mini brandies and rums. 
   We came back to her place, and I told her to make a cup of the concoction, wrap herself in as many blankets and clothes as possible, and drink the mixture before it even gets lukewarm. Now when she came out from wrapping herself in blankets, I couldn't help but take pictures because she looked so funny! It was like having a blue striped Barney walk around; she was this big humped looking thing with barely functional arms and hands.


funny. as. hell.

            
Welp, I'm going to bed. I can barely keep my eyes open, but I wanted to get up everything I had on my list for  this day's post. Night everyone! Tomorrow's Friday! Might be going out and partying it up :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)