Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Chez Moochy

Monday, December 13, 2010

Adoro el Houndstooth!

My all time favorite print has got to be houndstooth! So you can only imagine my glee when I saw Balenciaga's spring 2011 ready to wear collection...an abundance of houndstooth! Ghesquiรจre has definitely turned Balenciaga around since its closing in the 70s after Balenciaga's death and 1986 when it was re-opened. The fashion house apparently made Audrey Hepburn "foam at the mouth" according to  Diana Vreeland! Anyway, check out some runway photos from the show!

I can't tell whether this is a jacket or a dress but its unique and gorgeous none the less!

I must admit though my preference for black and white would drive me to purchase this first if I had money and  connections like that...


I can totally see one of my friends LibyRon wearing this to school! At SCAD, you can wear just about anything to class and get away with it. He loves his reinvented clothing and bursts of color, so when I see this, it has him written all over :)

This ensemble reminds me of the foundations 2-D Design class at SCAD. The juxtaposition of the tank, skirt and transparent sublayer all work so well with the negative space created by the cutout around the model's neck (I think its Gisele) and the black strip in the transparent layer of the skirt.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about it just add a bow tie and im game....# 1st day of school fit
    Love LB

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? :)